Sunday, June 28, 2009

She hasn't been reading Cosmo!

Apparently tall and thin is "in" (as opposed to short with lots of, *ahem*, personality), but Gwen hasn't been reading the fashion mags.

No, her problem is her mom, who apparently isn't producing more than 2 oz of milk at any given time. I find it amazing that she hasn't been cranky at all, given that she's been underfed by 4-6 oz at every single feeding. Who knew there was such a thing as a baby who is too good?

Hopefully we'll get this dairy cranking again soon and she'll go right back to being a chunker!

4 comments:

Katie and Luke said...

oh my goodness---did you find this out by pumping? I am pretty stupid, so I am guessing this is the only way you would know??
You lucky mom---at least your little angel hasn't been a crab apple this whole time. When I get hungry I am NOT pleasant. Better eat more chocolate and crack open a beer! (that's the secret my mother-in-law gave me to producing more milk) :)

Carrie said...

The lactation consultant weighed her before and after a feeding, and there was only a 2 oz increase, which, coincidentally, is all I can pump too.

So now I apparently have an excuse to hit the bar! ;)

larshannon said...

I am simply fascinated by how you found out 2oz. I need to get a scale and try this at home :)

danniellespackman said...

Wow!! That is really weird!! You'd think if you were nursing regularly you would have been producing enough. Thank goodness I'm almost done with all that!