with Legos. I love them because when the kids are sharing they can play with them for ages. That's the beauty of open-ended toys. When the going is good with Legos, it's very very good.
8 million teeny tiny pieces are a pain in the wazoo to clean up every. single. day.
I also hate them because the kids fight over them. Brenna and Ava used their allowance money from the past few weeks to buy a new Lego set each. They worked during Nate's naptime Monday to get them put together and the second Nate woke up he wanted to play with them. Screaming and fighting ensued. I gave Brenna a bucket to put her new set in so she could get it away from Nate, so she put all her Legos in there and left it sitting on the ground. Um, hello? Could we try putting it out of his reach?
I'm sick of trying to keep Nate out of the girls' new Legos. I'm sick of hollering at the girls to stop trying to beat up Nate. I'm sick of the screaming and wailing when he destroys something they've made.
Anyway, to make a long story short these things are making me insane and right now I hate them far more than I love them.
Oh, wait. We're trying to get Nate to stop saying he hates everything. Okay, I don't hate the Legos, I'm mad at them.
No. No, I definitely hate them.
5 comments:
Why is it that the funnest toys are the messiest and most dangerous for toddlers who still stick everything in their mouths? K'nex, magnetix and legos are the bane of my existence!
I hate them, but we give them. He, he, he . . . . .
Grandpa
Simon has always been my master Lego builder and so we have acquired a LARGE bin of LEGO pieces. Luke assures me, when I step on them and threaten to throw them away, that LEGOs are good for building fine motor skills..and blah blah blah.
I think its so funny that your two girls love to buy LEGOs--not that they are for boys only. But I guess they seem to be geared toward boys. I haven't seen any Barbie or Strawberry Shortcake sets. Or maybe I haven't looked hard enough...?
Katie, need I remind you that there is no need for Barbie or Strawberry Shortcake in this house. We've got Star Wars sets, baby! Ava actually just bought a Lego City set, but that's only b/c there was no Indiana Jones in her price range.
We LOVED Legos as kids. We had a Lego table where there was a hole cut in the middle with a mess bag attached for easy clean up. We could leave ongoing projects on the table too. It also had a top that went over it to turn it into a regular table. A table like that would not solve a lot of your problems, but maybe it would help!
Post a Comment