Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Things that make me happy

Little girls in Sunday dresses:


A clean kitchen. Don't laugh; it took 2 hours of my life this afternoon to get it looking this way!


Ice cream for breakfast (this is how I found Nate at 7 a.m. a few days ago):


Tomatoes fresh from the vine:



Silly boys:


The sight of this clementine growing on the tree in our backyard (you Californians may not understand the fascination, but growing citrus trees in my own yard is a new and exotic experience):


Fresh basil from my garden. Combine this with the ripe tomatoes, a little olive oil, some salt, pepper and a dash of red wine vinegar and you have heaven on earth.


My pretty little pot of flowers. They just make me smile every time I see them.


Taking pictures right alongside Brenna. She's getting a close up of my favorite regional flower:


I took a close-up too:


This picture loaded sideways, but you can still see what makes me happy. Pretty flowers, palm trees, and (strangely enough for central Cali in July) bright blue skies. *Sigh* I love blue skies. So much prettier than our usual brown.

8 comments:

danniellespackman said...

I'm with Nate! I think ice cream for breakfast is a great idea!

Texas Dimons said...

I had those potted plants on my porch...they died, but were pretty while they lasted!

Brooke said...

I love your kitchen, in fact I'm totally coveting your kitchen right now...the fresh basil and tomatoes and clementines too. And I'm jealous of Nate for getting ice cream for breakfast. Lucky you!

Katie and Luke said...

Call me anal, but I have to go with the clean kitchen as my FAVORITE thing! I can relax when there is a clean kitchen. I don't care about the rest of the house! I can shut the door to almost every other room of the house. But the ice cream for breakfast is close 2nd Nate! You gotts keep an eye on those little boys. Today Bubba and Tubbs made "slushies" out of maple syrup, water and food coloring. Then they added some miniature milky way bars. When I found these concoctions in the freezer and dumped them out I almost barfed!

Company EIGHT said...

Great kitchen, and I'm with Nate too---you can't beat ice cream for breakfast!

Kristin said...

I'm impressed with all of your gardening. Have I missed something or have you been a closet gardener until now?

Carrie said...

Nah, Kristin, it's just one of a million things I'm interested in, but have mediocre abilities with, at best!

Bethany said...

The photos represent summer perfectly in my mind! Ice cream for breakfast especially ;)