We created a reading nook in the girls' room, which is just a special spot to curl up and read books. We rearranged things that were already there, which only took about 30 minutes and didn't cost a penny, so it's the best kind of project there is!
The girls love it, as do I, but I'm warning you: enter with caution. You may snuggle into "Reading World" for story time in the mid-afternoon and wake up in the early evening wondering what happened to you! In fact, Brenna was the only one who remained conscious yesterday afternoon; Nate and Gwen napped in their beds and Ava and I passed out in here. I'm not sure, but I think Brenna read some Dostoevsky during that time.
Just kidding. Sort of.
7 comments:
So cute! I love reading areas...always have one in my classrooms!
too cute! hard to get my kiddos to read a book.
Very cute! We love reading too! I love your boards on the wall with their pictures,cute idea!
She probably was giving Fyodor a read. We were discussing her reading Jack London's Call of the Wild a couple of weeks ago on the phone. I didn't know it was on the reading list for 7-year-olds.
Grandpa L
Love the reading area...it turned out really cute!!! Now, is there a way to put one in my room that is off limits to the kids and to find a way to actually get away from them for 30 minutes to read??? That is the question I am pondering.
That's so cute! I would have LOVED one of those in my childhood- so much fun!
Adorable! Love the set-up! What a good mom you are.
Post a Comment