First of all, here's a cute picture of my kids that I just had to share. And if you look really closely you'll see that Gwen is wearing a bracelet on her left arm that I MADE. No, really. I'm not joking. Okay, don't believe that I'm capable of making stuff? Fine, here's something else I made. A tag blanket for Gwen to play with.
I chose the fabrics (cotton on one side, red minky dot on the other) and ribbon, cut and pinned everything, and then sewed it all up with only a tiny bit of help from JoAnn. In all honesty I couldn't have done it without her. She helped me through a couple of beginner's snafu's and was a calming influence. Usually sewing projects make me homicidal, but not so this time. Don't look too closely. I can't sew a straight line to save my life, but I love it and so does Gwen. See?
In case you weren't already impressed (although who are we kidding? You're totally impressed, right?) take a look at the family picture at the top of the page. The girls' hair thingies...I made them. No, I didn't "make" them make them. I purchased some flowers at Hobby Lobby, then cut them down and glued them onto hair clips. Then I glued some ribbon onto a pre-made headband and clipped the flowers onto the ribbon so they stayed on the headband. For Gwen I made her hairband out of a new pair of brown tights. So it's not like it was anything too tough.
Given that I have spent the vast majority of my life being anti-craft and anti-sewing (Who was it that said that a woman should never sew, and if she does she should never admit it?) this has been a strange frenzy of creative activity for me. I'm not sure what has brought it on and I make no promises that it will continue. Hence the need to document it for posterity.
10 comments:
You better be careful posting things that are that cute. Enrichment Leader....here you come!!! So cute.
What a cute crafty diva!!! You have every right to be proud...hey I am when I can even get my house completely clean...and I didn't even make anything!!!
I'll take that craftiness and see you one! I would like to make an apron for myself as my next sewing project. You up for it?
Way cute stuff. Your creative and I'm sure deep, way deep, down you can do a lot more crafty stuff. I'm defiantly impressed.
I'm very impressed with all your craftiness! I better be careful or some of it might rub off on me!
I forgot til now, but was it you that brought up not having so many crafts our YCL year at camp? Funny. I just bought material (a month ago) for a taggie blanket. If it ever gets done I'll post pics.
Oh and love everything you made!
great family picture! i love the brown and white and the very cute headbands! i'm impressed! :)
Sarah, that WAS me! I always protested all the crafts at YW and at camp. I'm generally VERY disinterested in crafting.
Watch out Martha...I see it has been a summer of change for you! Great job!
Post a Comment