Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of school!

Does anyone else spend the night before school starts contemplating things like the moments you found out you were expecting your babies, and how now those babies are in second grade and kindergarten? Well, I did. *sigh*

Anyway, on with the show. Thank heavens, this day went so much better than it did last year! The girls were nervous, but reasonably so, meaning they didn't eat much for breakfast but we didn't have 3 weeks of crying prior to today. What a relief!

We parked as close as we could and walked Brenna to school. She looked so cute poised on the edge of the street, ready to leap across.In her new classroom. The rest of the morning poor Ava had to wait for her p.m. kindergarten class to start. Finally at 11 it was time. Look at Ava's little hands. She's such a girl! Making sure her nametag is secure. PM kindergarten starts with lunch before anything else, so we didn't get to walk her into her classroom.

Both girls had nothing but good things to say about their days. They like their teachers so far and I think Ava's favorite part was getting to buy school lunch in the cafeteria. Brenna's favorite was seeing her friends and seeing little sister at lunch.

7 comments:

danniellespackman said...

This morning Natalie didn't even want me to walk her to the door, just wanted me to drop her off :(

And yes, Gymboree was having a big sale!

Brooke said...

2nd grade...I wish. Try taking your oldest to 4th grade and wanting him to react the same as when you dropped him off for kindergarten...

Cluff Chronicles said...

I'm glad they enjoyed everything. I still feel like it was just yesterday I was a new mother, and Emily is now in 7th grade, know wonder the new mom's in our ward think I am so old. I sure don't feel it!

Kristin said...

So you are going back forth to school all day long! Good times! I'm glad the transistion was easier this year.

AmyPoll said...

I am with your frien Brooke on the 4th grader thing...yikes...can he really be that old and big???

larshannon said...

Congrats on a successful first day of school!

Laura said...

First days can be hard, I'm glad they had a great one! I also love your family picture at the top. Really cute outfits and everyone looks great!