Sunday, August 23, 2009

I've been in a decorating frenzy

Pay no attention to the adorable baby crawling in the foreground. See that obnoxiously large TV poised on that pathetically ugly stand? And those blah beige walls?


See them now? The TV is hidden! The walls are green! And I am so happy!


My formal living room before:



My formal living room after:

My formal dining room before:


And my formal dining room after:




Here's a close up of my lovely new console table and rug.


The walls show up as very washed out in these photos, but in person they are a calming neutral sage. I am quite thrilled with the way my home is looking, kind of like a real house instead of a temporary living facility.

17 comments:

H and J in TX said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!

Lee said...

YAY!! Looks fabulous!

Lei said...

it looks SO GOOD!!!! the colors are just beautiful.

and i'm sad that this is my first time to your blog.

larshannon said...

I love the new color, but it was really hard to ignore that super cute baby in the foreground.

Katrena said...

Nice job Carrie! I have a feeling it will be a while before the blahness at my house gets a little something something. I think your rug is my favorite.

Kristin said...

Awesome! What a fun project! The painting must have been a huge task...maybe you hired someone. Luke says thats what we are doing next time.

Brooke said...

I love it, it looks really great. Now, when you ever come back to Texas to visit you need to spend your time fixing my house...k?

Nettie said...

It looks great! I love the green. Very soft and soothing.

Kim Simpson said...

Love It!! The TV looks great in its new home! Jared says there is no such thing as an obnoxiously large TV. Just think how great your Tech games will look on it this fall!!

Carianne said...

LOVE IT!!! I need to finish mine up. Did you do the paint yourself?

Swimmingmom said...

Wow, you're amazing- that was so quick that you got all that completed! I especially love the hidden tv and the green walls.

H and J in TX said...

I'll add my two thumbs up!

Grandpa L

Carrie said...

To respond: heck no, I did NOT do the painting myself! Anyone who has seen the high ceilings in my living room and stairwell know why!

Julie said...

Wow! It's amazing what a few splashes of color here and there can do! I love it all! Bravo!

Company EIGHT said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Great job!

wendy said...

Love it! It looks so inviting.

Laura said...

Looks really cute. I love the new changes.