Tuesday, May 5, 2009

To quote a line from one of my favorite movies...

The "Princess Bride": "Let me explain. No, it's too much. Let me sum up."


Gwen is officially a thumb sucker:


Spring soccer has begun and this is one reason why I love having both girls playing. This was a spontaneous bonding moment between the two of them while walking home from their first games.

I had a great visit from my best friend. Shopping, eating, hanging out....lots of needed girl time.


Grandma and Grandpa Larsen came to visit. We took two days of their visit and partied in San Diego. At the zoo, one of the main highlights for the kids was riding the sky tram.



Also awesome: riding the double decker bus (top level, of course).

Gwen helped Grandpa bulk up his biceps (she's a heavy one!)

My favorite animal at the zoo was the 7 month old baby gorilla that interacted with us through the window.

Brenna and an orangutan shared a cool moment, hand-to-hand and studying each other.


Next day, on to Sea World where we met up with my brother, Patrick and his wife, Sarah, who were in the area for her friend's wedding.


Petting and feeding the stingrays was tons of fun.



I thought my brother looked so cute carrying a sacked-out Gwen around in her sling.

She roused herself later on. How adorable is she?!

At the end of the day we finished off with a completely fun spinning sea-star ride:

So much fun!

And we'll just finish off with a smile from Shamu.

Good times.

6 comments:

Texas Dimons said...

Need to mention to the halster that Austin thought the picture of him looked like Indian Jones!!! Looks like you had a blast.

Anonymous said...

how great your best friend could visit you!

lauren was a thumbsucker. not much you can do to stop them if they want to do that. so cute! :)

Teresa said...

Hi Carrie! It's me, Teresa Pendergrass. Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me. I loved seeing your beautiful family. You are gorgious (just like always). Your daughter looks just like you did in elementary school. So Sweet!! Thank you so much for contacting me. It was a true blessing!! Please keep in touch. You made my day.

laura said...

You either have a great camera or incredibly cute kids. Or maybe both. I love the shot of Gwen's face with the hat on. And I LOVE the one of her with your dad. Her expression is just so adorable.
And I'm impressed by your ability to "sum". I'm paralyzed with my blog because there is just too much to say.

Julie said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time! Again, wish we could've been there. Such fun pictures!

Cheri said...

The Princess Bride is one of the best movies ever! I love the soccer shot, and the monkey moments are so cute! Patrick is gonna be a great Dad. I love his willingness to wear the sling and carry Gwen.