From the way she felt the last month or two of pregnancy I knew she was a bigger baby than I was used to carrying. Here's the proof: 7 lbs. 13 oz. (almost 2 lbs bigger than Brenna was!!!)
I love the quiet alert time a new baby has in the hour or so after birth. Here she is being held by Daddy.
I loved the hospital that we delivered at. Not only did they let me drink ice water and juice during labor, they didn't take the baby away for anything. She even had her first bath in the delivery room, about an hour or so after she was born. By this time the other kids had arrived to see their new sister. Here's Ava supervising what is being done to Gwen.
Nate was interested too. He checked out baby sister in between daredevil stunts. This stool was perfect for leaping off of.
A first shot of us all together. Did you know that Flavor Blasted Goldfish are so delicious there's no way you can put them down, not even for a momentous occasion such as this?
It was fun seeing all the kids react to their new baby sister. Ava was precious. She wanted to hold Gwen the entire time. She leaned in and whispered to her while she held her, then looked up at me every minute or two to tell me how much she loved her, and me, and Scott, and Brenna, and Nate. She has been such an angel big sister.
Brenna only needed to hold Gwendolyn once, but she spent the rest of the time writing poetry for her in a new notebook she had. My favorite said "I love the baby. The baby loves me. We are a happy family."
All the girls:
Later that night after everyone had gone home, Gwen and I got some quiet time together. This is about 4 in the morning...prime mommy and me time.
Thursday after Brenna got home from school, Scott brought all the kids back up to the hospital and we got to bring our sweet little monkey home. The girls are all ready to go.
It's different bringing our fourth home than it was bringing our first. It's noisier and busier and there are many more little hands to help, but it is no less special.
Welcome to our family, little Gwendolyn!

33 comments:
I'm loving the name! And she is SO beautiful!! I wish I was there to smell that fresh baby scent. :)
Congratulations!!!
SOOOO Cute! Can't wait to meet her! BTW who thinks of taking a picture at 4 in the morning? I am not even functioning...unless it's a party with Carrie!
Awww she is so sweet!!
She is darling Carrie, and I love the name! I love new babies!! What a cute family you have.
How sweet! She is absolutely adorable Carrie! Congratulations!
such a sweet little girl.
I am so excited for you! Glad I was able to see you off! :o) Made my long wait in the dr. office so worth it. I can't wait for my turn to hold her. Let me know if you need anything and if Nate would like a play date over here sometime.
She's so precious, Carrie! Congratulations!
she's beautiful! good work!
Simply beautiful. Worth the wait! Congratulations!
Congratulations! What a cute little girl. Glad to hear everything went well.
Yay! So glad to hear that everything went well. Congratulations! I love all the pictures...
Beautiful baby! Congratulations!
It looks like the "fabfive" are now the....silly six...sleepy six....siesta six...sizzling six? :)
she is so beautiful! congratulations on the sweet addition!
ahhhh, she is precious! you look fantastic, too. congratulations!!!
What a great family you have! I'm so happy for you!!!
wooohooo! i'm glad she finally made it! i loved all the pictures on the post. ava has that adoring look as she is gazing at her sister! so sweet!
She's so beautiful! Congratulations. And your other kids are so sweet, the telling of it was precious. It's making me baby hungry.
She is gorgeous!! Way to go! You did awesome!
Congratulations!!! She is gorgeous, and I love her name!!! Ava and Natalie seem to have reacted the same to their new little siblings. It's great!!!
Huge Congratulations! We are so excited for you and your beautiful family.
What a beautiful daughter,and what a great name!! Congrats to you and your family
Yea!!! She is finally here!! So happy everythhing went well. So I will plan on picking up and bringing Ava home from preschool this week. If you need to me to the next week as well just let me know.
You look so good! I'm glad that everything went well, she's a gorgeous addition to your family!
Congratulations!! She's beautiful.
She is absolutly beautiful. and I love her name.
YAY!! How fun! Precious!!
Congrats on your new little arrival! She is beautiful : )
Yea! She is finally here. I love that you have so many helping hands. She is beautiful. Congrats!
We are so happy for you. Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl. It sounds like you will have lots of eager helpers :)
Gwendolyn is so precious! What a beautiful family. I love the pictures.
For some reason I had trouble posting a comment the other day. Congrats! Nice work.
Post a Comment