It's good to take stock occasionally, so here are some things that happened in 2008.
1. I made peace with our move to California. We've been blessed in ways we never imagined since our move here and know this is where we are supposed to be at this time in our lives.
2. Scott, the kids, and I took our first trip to Disneyland. We had so much fun together.
3. I turned 30! (Okay, maybe a little older than that....) But this time my birthday didn't upset me.
4. Scott and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. They've been 10 fabulous years!
5. We both started teaching spinning again. It's something we both enjoy and had missed since we moved out here.
6. We found out that we are expecting baby #4. Hurray!
7. We took trips to Morro Bay, Utah, Texas, San Diego and Reno, Nevada. Party on....
8. Brenna started 1st grade, Ava started preschool and we all survived the adjustment.
9. Brenna and Ava started sharing a room and we survived that one too!
10. Texas Tech had its greatest football season ever. I got to go to 1 game (vs. Nevada in Reno, along with Scott and kiddos) and Scott makes it to 1 more on top of that (the homecoming win over Nebraska). We only shed a small number of tears over the fact that we're not in Lubbock with our old season tickets anymore.
11. I hosted my first-ever Thanksgiving with most of my family. Lots of fun, way too much food, and totally something I would be thrilled to do again.
12. We had our first quiet, just-us Christmas. It turned out nice, but to be honest we missed the big family holiday and will be heading home in 2009!
13. I realize what an awesome, giving group of friends I have, how incredible my parents and siblings are, what a sweet saint my husband is, and how blessed I am by my 3 healthy, precious children (and smooth, so far uneventful pregnancy).
So to sum up: 2008 was a pretty good year!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
2008 Highlights
Posted by Carrie at 10:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
well i loved this post. a 2008 recap post was a good idea! yahoo for your spinning class! i have felt the pain that is the aftermath of one of your classes!
I'm glad things are going so well for you guys!!! Hope you have a great 2009. That baby is due pretty soon isn't it?
I am glad you made peace with your move here since we are very happy you are here!! Texas Schmexas right? I know, once a texan always a texan.
We are glad you came to Bako too. You didn't post that you also finished a little nursery. I want to see picts- or I guess I could drive .75 miles to your house and see it.
Post a Comment