Monday, December 8, 2008

Manipulation

My friend Katie suggested this title for my previous post, but I still stand by my original title, given that Ava hasn't decided to actually put her dad's offer to the test. No, I have a better example of manipulation.

Yesterday Brenna asks for votes from everyone in the house...which of her Build A Bear Workshop animals should wear Christmas clothes? So we all vote, and ultimately decide on her Husky, Mason Superhero.

Fast forward to this morning, when Brenna informs me that we need to go buy Mason his Christmas clothes from Build A Bear. I ask her why I would do such a thing and she informed me that "YOU voted for it, Mom!" I told her nice try, but I had assumed she was already in possession of acceptable stuffed dog Christmas clothes when I voted and would not be purchasing any for Mason.

The funniest part to me is that she didn't argue. She knew EXACTLY what she was doing when she held the family vote yesterday!

4 comments:

Texas Dimons said...

Gotta love Brenna..or any 7 year old for that matter!

Anonymous said...

pretty clever!

danniellespackman said...

I'm glad I'm not the only mom who has to deal with a master manipulator.

larshannon said...

She should get a sticker or something for a nice try.