Thursday, August 28, 2008

School is slowly improving!

It has been a pretty brutal first two weeks of school, but I am happy to say that Brenna is no longer crying and begging not to go to school every morning. (We had a few MAJOR meltdowns on the way to school last week.) She still grumps every morning on her way out the door, tells me she doesn't want to go to school and says it's too long (or boring, or she should be in 5th grade, or whatever!), but I'll take it for now! She comes home tired, but when I pry into her life she reveals that usually she has found someone to play with at recess, someone to eat lunch with, done something fun in class, earned a special pink ticket (I'm still trying to figure out what the heck that means), and so on. I think it helps that this week they started music class, P.E., and checking out library books (one of her favorite things about school). She's very excited that after she passes an A.R. test she'll get to play a computer game. By the way, they tested reading levels this week and Brenna is reading on the same level as a 3rd grader, 7th month. Not too bad. She reads books above that level sometimes, but I think it's a little harder for her to understand everything in them.

I'm hoping that in another 2 weeks she'll be going to school with few, if any, complaints. Is that too much to hope for?!

On another school note, Ava got to meet her preschool teachers and tour her new preschool today. She starts next Tuesday. After meeting her teachers, seeing her classroom, looking at their daily routine, and getting an idea of what they'll be doing this year, I am SO EXCITED for her. She is going to absolutely love preschool. In fact, I'm thinking about enrolling myself.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for school. My son loved his first week of Kinder. And Cheryl loved school till the 3rd day then she got mad (uniforms cramp her style LOL).