Brenna was off this morning for her first day of school! She picked her new bird shirt and denim shorts to wear. Evil mother that I am, I insisted on doing some fancy schmancy something with her hair, which garnered great protests from The Brenna. But it turned out really cute and will keep her hair out of her way today. Here are some photos we took before school:
With Ava goofing off and Nate trying desperately to get into his diaper (thank heavens for onesies right now!):
Showing off her Star Wars, The Clone Wars backpack:
So cute, so Brenna:
I'm so glad I captured this picture! A little girl in her class came up to talk to Brenna at her desk and must have said something funny. Brenna had a good start to her day and even was able to sit next to her friend Kaitlyn from her kindergarden class. And can I just say that I am REALLY glad we got out the door before 8 am like we did? School started at 8:24 and we live 3 minutes away, but every single one of the 800 parents at BV must have decided to drop their child off today! It was crazy! We had to park pretty far away and hike in. On top of that, Brenna's class is in the very farthest corner of the school, and with these crazy California outdoor campuses her building is a football field's length from the front entrance.
And the good daddy award goes to Scott! We hadn't talked about it, but this morning when I got up and got in the shower, Scott was coming upstairs from working out at the gym. Instead of going into work at 6 like usual, he stayed home and came with us to take Brenna to school. It was so sweet and such a blessing, since Nate didn't want to stay in his stroller. With Scott there we were able to make sure Brenna was well taken care of and the other munchkins too, and get classroom pictures to boot. Love you, babe!
3 comments:
Backpack is sooooo Brenna! Love it! I need to find time to update mine...maybe when the kids start next week?! Love the pictures!
That's exciting...the first day of school. Brenna's hair is really cute like that with the bow on the end of the braid. You're a good mom, Carrie!!
...and you're a good dad, Scott!!
Post a Comment