Saturday, August 16, 2008

My sweet Ava

Sometimes I worry that Ava gets overshadowed by her big sister and little brother, but I thought tonight I'd devote a blog entry to what I love about Ava. The picture below sums it up:


How can you not adore a little girl who poses for pictures like this? We were playing in Grandma and Grandpa's front yard and I asked her to stop moving for a minute to get a photo. The second I put the camera to my eye, she broke into angelic poses. She's so funny.

This is what she was doing earlier. Playing in the sprinkler.

She is so sweet with Nate. Naturally they have plenty of conflict, as all siblings do, but I love how loving Ava is with Nate most of the time. She plays with him, does silly things to make him laugh, plays "rock, paper, scissors" with him (which, by the way, is HILARIOUS), shares her food with him, and does so much else to try to help him and make him happy. Ava has a very generous, kind personality.

My little snuggler climbs into bed with me every morning around 6:30. She helps me around the house and loves to contribute.

This is Ava mini-golfing at Legoland. On the list of things I love about Ava is the way she talks. Every sentence these days starts with "For sure" or "Of course". "For sure I'd like macaroni and cheese for lunch." "Of course Nate needs his nap now." And every doll or stuffed animal in the house is "adorable."
I also like that even with her sweet, thoughtful nature she is still a stubborn little spitfire with a killer temper. Ava is no pushover. And of course, I of all people would appreciate such a quality in a child. Ava may be sweet but she can hold her own!

So anyway, that's just a small handful of the many things I love about Ava.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great Ava summary. She's such a sweetheart. You're right about her being stubborn when she needs/wants to be. I can't figure out where she got that . . .
Tell her grandpa said, "I just love you so much."

danniellespackman said...

We love Ava too. Natalie misses her very much. She talks about her "old friends" alot.

Julie said...

We love you, Ava! (Well, we're still working on that one with Aiden...but I think deep deep down he loves his cousin Ava!)She's so sweet!