Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thanksgiving

Reason #378 to love kindergarten: this Thanksgiving getup. There are a limited number of times in your life when you can wear a brown paper bag and a necklace made from cereal and have it be not only okay, but adorable. Cue the class feast.


Pumpkin pie, fruit juice, popcorn, carrots and pretzels served in a handmade, handpainted clay bowl. Grandma and Grandpa Larsen were in town for the holiday, so Grandma came with me to the feast to help serve, take pictures, and have a snack with an adorable 6 year old.




I have three pictures of Thanksgiving day and they all involve the crafts we did that morning. The kids colored pictures of turkeys, pilgrims, Native Americans, etc. Brenna and Ava made a turkey and we all put what we are thankful for on a feather that we glued to the turkey's back.




And we ate too! A lot!

A short list of things I am thankful for: Scott, Brenna, Ava, Nate and Gwen. Grandma and Grandpa. Gram and Pops. My sisters and brother. All those sweet nephews and nieces that my kids are such good friends with. The gospel of Jesus Christ. Good health. Friends. Bluetooth capability in my car, the internet, cell phones, my laptop, my Kindle (I love technology....sing it with me!.....but not as much as you you see, but I still love technology...) Since this is the short list I'm stopping there.

0 comments: