Before we left Lake Tahoe we took a family hike through Tahoe Meadows. The kids posed on some rocks at the beginning of the hike.
We had not been on the trail for more than 20 steps before Nate started telling me he was thirsty and in need of a snack. Oh brother! I know this drill, we go through it any time we go on a bike ride or walk. So I refused to give in until the designated snack/drink point about midway through, so for about 30 minutes I heard this:
"thir"
take a step
"sty"
take a step
"thir"
take a step
"sty"
Interspersed with, "My legs are too tired!"
This from a boy who can jump off every piece of furniture in a house for the better part of a day.
I felt like a crazy person by the time we took our beverage break.
This was how everyone looked by the midpoint. At least the older two were enjoying themselves!
It was a gorgeous, and in spite of what Nate might tell you, easy hike and a great way to end a great visit.
0 comments:
Post a Comment