Thank heavens for camera phones! We spent day 3 of our spring break vacation at Legoland and I think it's safe to say that this was the kids' favorite, and to be honest, I didn't mind it either! Okay, I even had fun, which surprised me, because when we went a few years ago it wasn't my favorite place. Mostly because I was 4 months pregnant with Gwen and not feeling very good and because Nate was not yet 2 and was old enough to want to ride everything yet too young to ride much. So he spent most of the day upset. This time, however, everyone was big enough for darn near everything. Hurray! (This business of kids getting bigger has only been good so far, if you ask me!)
We rode water rides, roller coasters, giant slides, medieval horses, tiny airplanes, rescue helicopters and more. We dug for dinosaurs, watched 3D movies, created and raced our own Lego cars, played with water toys, and drove mini cars. We ate tasty treats and just enjoyed being together.
The kids liked looking at all the Star Wars characters created from Legos.
My cute hubby taking a break with me while the kids played on the wilderness play structure.
Gwen loved this little Lego girl. Every time someone else tried to come take a look at her Gwen would tell them, "No! That's my girl!" That's the beauty of everyday experiences, they're always learning opportunities. That day we helped Gwen learn to share "her" girl.
Another picture of one of my kids being eaten by a shark (we had another one of these last summer). Why do these make me giggle when I see them later? Maybe it's the old Saturday Night Live "Land Shark" sketches lurking in my brain.
Nate at the driving school. Gwen is in the red car in the background.
We ended up having so much fun at Legoland. I was able to steer the kiddos clear of mini land, which consists of entire cities re-created in Lego form. While I can appreciate the difficulty of such an undertaking I find that it simply does not interest me. Thankfully there were many other enticements so I didn't have to stare at Lego creations for 2 hours. I think our favorites were the dragon coaster, driving school, the boat ride, and the apple fries. I have to thank my friend Katie for recommending them! Should you ever find yourself at Legoland put them on your "must eat" list.
After we shut down the park we drove back home and spent the rest of our Spring Break doing very little of anything. And it was everything we dreamed it could be.





0 comments:
Post a Comment