Or mischief and mayhem?
Gwen is definitely both. I love her sweet kisses and enthusiasm for all the new things she's discovering in the world. She's talking much more; favorite words include "cacker" (aka, cracker, indicating any kind of food), wawa (aka, water, or any kind of drink), dog, bird, and Lila (her best friend in the whole world). So there's the sweetness and innocence. As for madness and mayhem, she is turning into quite the artist, lending her own special touch to walls, tables, and even (heaven help me) the leather couch at Lila's house. Thank heaven for washable crayons and markers and the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
Here is Mr. Wonderful himself. You know all about this guy.
Together they are something else. I don't know why I think I need to get dressed in the mornings, but when I do I can't always convince them to follow me upstairs. I never know when I come down in 5 minutes if I'll find them innocently playing, like this:
Or if I'll discover Gwen with a black crayon in hand, rapidly covering the back wall and back door in scribbles and Nate with the hose from the back yard, watering the family room carpet.
Yikes.
A flip out ensued. (I'm not ashamed. You'd flip out too.)
And then prayers of gratitude were offered for the Magic Eraser and my handy carpet cleaner, which sucks up water when times demand it.
Both kids are still alive. And probably plotting their next misadventure.
3 comments:
So you're telling me I should be grateful that Grant doesn't have a sibling yet or things would be worse? Hang in there!
I LOVE that picture of the both of them on the floor laughing. They are definitely sweet!
And as far as mayhem, what would we do without all your great stories??? Life would be boring(for all of us anyway). A hose in the family room!!!- that deserves a new WOW!
I'm with Laura. I count on crazy stories from you and Kim. They make me laugh, shake my head and say a prayer for you my friend.
Post a Comment