My little guy has been wanting to go on a date with me for some time now. Brenna and Ava got mommy and me dates a few months ago and ever since then Nate has wanted one of his own. Finally a couple of weeks ago he insisted that it was the day. Here were his requirements for the date:
I had to rollerblade and push him and Gwen in the stroller.
We had to make it all the way to Los Angeles.
We had to eat burritos there.
Don't ask me where any of that came from.
So I strapped on my rollerblades, put Nate and Gwen in the stroller and pushed them for 2 miles, at which point I informed him we were going to have to drive the rest of the way to L.A. (2 miles on rollerblades while pushing approximately 90 pounds feels a lot farther than it sounds!) While he was not happy, he finally conceded the point and we went home and got cleaned up.
Now, maybe you're not so good with geography, but L.A. isn't close enough by car to schlep there and back before the girls get out of school, so I had to fool him into thinking a 10-minute in-town drive was all it took to get there. We pulled up to a local burrito place, I told some pretty convincing lies, and we went inside for a lovely lunch.
I enjoyed that so much I even took him (and little sis) to my favorite cupcake shop for dessert. He wants to do it all again very soon, although it's probably time daddy got a turn.
Yes, amidst all his energy and mess-making Nate is quite charming. Especially today when he very seriously and sweetly gave me a hug and told me that I was a "very brave mommy."
He must have seen some of the diapers I've changed over the years.
2 comments:
That is too cute!!
i'm impressed with the roller blading mama!
Post a Comment