Sunday, December 27, 2009

What would Christmas be without the traditional Christmas vomiting?

We had a lovely Christmas Eve dinner, followed by the reenactment of the nativity and some rousing Christmas carols. And to round out the wonderful evening, Nate unloaded his entire stomach contents on the dining room floor. He threw up several times during the night, but was better by the morning, so he joined us for present opening and all the events of Christmas day.


Although we had hoped to escape a full-fledged family viral fiesta, we did not. Yesterday my brother, who very kindly helped me clean up Nate's Christmas Eve puke, got hit hard, followed by my sister Sara, and now today, me. Oh joy. I'm in isolation in one of the bedrooms at my parents' house, with easy access to a bathroom.

My youngest sister was planning to leave with her family early this morning to return to Utah. They left at 12:30 a.m. instead, hoping to escape this thing, or at least be back home before it hit them. Unfortunately they didn't.

Woohoo. Merry Christmas folks!

6 comments:

danniellespackman said...

Nothing says Merry Christmas liking cleaning up puke!!! So sorry! Hope everyone feels better soon.

Katie and Luke said...

Merry Christmas! It wouldn't be a holiday if someone wasn't miserable!:)

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry! that sounds miserable. i hope everyone is better now.

Katrena said...

Or a family reunion? We passed the vomit around at ours back in July. Priceless. I hope you are feeling better today and enjoying the rest of your visit with family!

Heather said...

Oh i am so sorry- a throw up christmas is never fun to deal with. At least it makes for a good story. Hopefully all are feeling better now. Sorry I wasn't there to see you all- but it sounds like that might be for the best this year!

larshannon said...

Sounds like Thanksgiving last year for us. Sorry. Sounds miserable.

I was in Lubbock at Christmas too. I've I'd known you were there and if you weren't puking, I would have dropped by to say hi.