This past week was spring break and since we didn't travel anywhere, we filled it full of fun local activities.
Saturday: picnic at the park with friends during the Priesthood session of General Conference
Monday: Chuck E Cheese with our church playgroup
Tuesday: local zoo with just me and the kids
Wednesday: Pump It Up with 20+ of our closest friends, followed by lunch at McDonald's
Thursday: lunch at the park and Easter egg hunt with church playgroup
Brenna petting the baby tortoises. This girl knows darn near everything about animals and loves any chance to see them up close.
Nate spent several minutes feeding this miniature horse. Over and over he stuck a piece of hay through the fence and said very nicely, "Eat it." And the horse did. He loved it.
What he did not love was being attacked by a turkey. The turkey grabbed the arm of Nate's sweatshirt with its beak and would not let go. Nate screamed for help and by the time I ran over to him the turkey had the sweatshirt half pulled off...those are strong birds! Nate was upset and couldn't decide whether or not to cry, but said a number of times "I HATE the turkey!" (Remember, he says he HATEs things a lot.) He remained upset until I told him that we should eat the mean turkey for Thanksgiving. He got quite a kick out of that and instantly calmed down.
On the hayride:
Don't you just want to squeeze those chubby little legs?!
Nate spent several minutes feeding this miniature horse. Over and over he stuck a piece of hay through the fence and said very nicely, "Eat it." And the horse did. He loved it.
What he did not love was being attacked by a turkey. The turkey grabbed the arm of Nate's sweatshirt with its beak and would not let go. Nate screamed for help and by the time I ran over to him the turkey had the sweatshirt half pulled off...those are strong birds! Nate was upset and couldn't decide whether or not to cry, but said a number of times "I HATE the turkey!" (Remember, he says he HATEs things a lot.) He remained upset until I told him that we should eat the mean turkey for Thanksgiving. He got quite a kick out of that and instantly calmed down.
On the hayride:
Sunday: Easter mania
Monday: saw Monsters vs Aliens with friends
Spring break was totally fun, but completely exhausting. My house was an absolute wreck by the end of it. It was good to get back to our routine today and have a little quiet time with Nate while Ava was at preschool, and then with Ava while Nate was napping and Brenna was still at school. I got 6 loads of laundry done, the kitchen floor mopped, and toys put away. I did miss sleeping in and not having to get cranking so early in the day. But if you know me, you know I would gladly sleep until 10 am, so it's good for me to have a reason to get up and going.
Only 7 weeks until summer vacation! I sure hope the kids don't expect this level of activity all summer long. They will be sorely disappointed!
Are you wondering where Gwen was during all of this? Doing this:
6 comments:
We love chunky babies. Give a squeeze from us. If you go that pace during summer, well, we'll see you in Aug. for your funeral. luv much Hope your able to come for a visit.
Yes, I would say we have set the bar pretty high for summer break. Unfortunately we won't even come close to keeping up the pace of this last week during the summer. Our kids can all be bummed out together. I am impressed with what you got done today while kids were at school. The whole "routine" threw me off and I got nothing done.
Sounds like you guys had tons of fun! I do wish I could have spent my spring break like Gwen though.
Wow once again I get tired just reading what you did. You must be Super Mom!
I do love those chunky legs. We are working on chunking up Maggie's. She is getting there.
What a completey fun week! I love the turkey story.
It was so good to catch up with you this week! Gwen is a doll as are the other three! The best news of all is that CA is treatin ya right.
Post a Comment