but last time I showered this happened:
That's what an entire box of Lucky Charms looks like when dumped on a dining room table and kitchen floor.
Shame on me. I decided to go one better and actually blow dry my hair. Nate decided to discover the spray nozzle on the kitchen faucet. This picture doesn't do it any justice whatsoever.
There was water EVERYWHERE! Water was running out the drawers, accumulating in one to a depth of 2 inches. There was water under the sink and all over the counters, soaking bills, school papers, photos, and even one of my cameras. Luckily Gwen's birth anouncements were in a box that protected them from injury. The kitchen floor was a 1/2 inch deep in the wet stuff. Those are my sheets in the picture. After my lovely blow-dry I had stripped the bed and was coming downstairs to put them in the washer. When I witnessed the horror that was my kitchen I immediately dropped the sheets and used them to absorb some moisture. Nate even sprayed over the bar and into the living room, soaking a strip of carpet.
Shame on me. I decided to go one better and actually blow dry my hair. Nate decided to discover the spray nozzle on the kitchen faucet. This picture doesn't do it any justice whatsoever.
So as I'm cleaning up this mess (which took the better part of an hour), and grumbling under my breath the whole time, I have a flashback. In it I am probably 9 or 10 years old and am taking a bath with my sister, Sara, who is about 7. At my urging we are dumping huge amounts of water from the bathtub onto the floor in order to make a sort of slip-n-slide. Then we're jumping out of the tub and sliding until we slam into the bathroom door. Back we go for more.
This is an ill-timed flashback because it makes it difficult to be a martyr with memories like these. How does the saying go? Payback's a.....oh, I can't remember exactly but you get the idea.
Anyway, bad karma or not, I may be a little hesitant to shower or groom myself in the future. So if we run into each other and my appearance and fragrance leave a little to be desired, I apologize in advance.
14 comments:
How many days until Scott gets home? Lets plan a girls pedicure day during spring break. I bet we will all need them.
Gotta love the Nate! My brothers played slip and slide on the bathroom...ours was about 10 feet long...they did it for a while undetected, until the water began dripping through the ceiling into the kitchen downstairs...boy did they get in trouble! At least for 5 days in April you'll be clean! I'm coming!
Pedicures indeed. Spring Break hasn't even offically started and I am ready for one.
I have felt your pain. I met Jared to get the kids from him after I had done hair all day and he was heading up to work and he told me Isaac spilt some cereal at home before they left and he didn't have time to clean it up. I walked in the front door and CRUNCH! I looked down and saw colorful rice krispies ALL over the entire downstairs. From the front door to the back and in between. I just turned around and went back to the car and started to cry. Then went out shopping. When I came back I tackled the mess and I am pretty sure my husband was nervous to come home that night. :o) As for showering...if I don't get one before the boys wake up I have to wait until nap time. And just pray I don't have to go anywhere before nap time.
It is so funny when it isn't happening at my house. I am really laughing in sympathy/empathy.
The bathroom slip and slide - that was tons of fun... Wow to the Nate. He's surpasing Jonathan as a little tike. What cool idea will he come up with next?!
oh no! pretty clever little boy.:)
Hahaha, so funny, but I feel so sorry for you! They make for great stories to tell though!
Ah yes, the infamous "Incident of the Slip-n'-Slide". Who knew that those old cliches like, "You wait until you're a parent, we'll see how YOU like it - I hope one of your kids do this to you!", are actually prophetic. However, when grandchildren repeat the action of their parent(s), especially from afar, it becomes a cute family story that demonstrates how creative and independent that darling angel is.
Hahahahaha. Fabulous.
oh no!! That's about as bad as my upstairs being flooded by the two year old dumping water for 2hrs and no one telling us. It was a Sunday and Tim and I had both fallen asleep.
Don't worry, I can't smell you so I'll always be your friend.
Ohhh, I love you so much! Thank you! Thank you! For making me feel normal and making my kids seem normal (if not sane) and for proving my dad wrong that every.other.kid is less naughty than my boys. :) Thank you.
You give me so much to look forward to! I was a pretty good child- so I was hopeful I might have calm even tempered children- Although, after we married, I found out that Todd was quite a trouble maker from baby until he left the house. Sad, but I guess you can't completely enjoy the good moments unless you know what the crazy moments are like. Good luck with that little Nate- you are doing great, I can tell.
Post a Comment