Sunday, October 19, 2008

6 Random Things

I've been tagged by my bff Jenn to share 6 random things about myself, so here goes nothing!

1. My favorite time of day is the morning when the kids climb into bed and snuggle before the day starts. I've been known to be late for things b/c I haven't wanted to end snuggle time.

2. Pie is highly overrated. I think Thanksgiving will never reach its full potential until we kick the pie tradition to the curb and delve into some real desserts, specifically those involving cream cheese or chocolate. The exception to my pie issue: key lime pie. Aw, baby. A good slice of key lime pie on a sugary graham cracker crust is fan-freaking-tastic.

3. I am anxiously awaiting the day when perms are really and truly back in style. I think I looked awesome in junior high with a perm. I'll just skip the big bangs this time.

4. I HATE car travel. There are many places I think about going, but the thought of a long car trip makes me want to gnaw my wrists open. Maybe it's all those family trips from Tennesee/Iowa/Texas to Utah, crammed with 4 other kids in the back seat of a car with no A/C either wanting to puke or so drugged up on Dramamine I couldn't maintain consciousness. Good times.

5. Someday I want to take a girls' trip to Europe with my best girlfriends (including my sisters and stepmom) and eat, shop, sightsee, burst into song in a public square in Austria, and do chick stuff for days and days on end.

6. I think there's a Seinfeld episode that addresses almost every life situation. I'm constantly biting my tongue to hold back a Seinfeld quote, mostly b/c people would eventually have to kill me if I quoted that show as often as I want to.

Okay, then....I tag Jules and Jessica. Now you get to spend way too much time thinking of 6 random things to blog about!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Now I remember why I hate car travel too. I was also drugged up on dramamine. You must recall the first trip we took in the new Taurus to Utah - a seat belt for everyone AND a/c baby! Luxury beyond belief.

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed your 6 random things! are your boys back now? i hope so. :)

Sara said...

A trip to Europe? Great idea. Thanks for inviting me! (he he)

Maddock Family said...

Can I please please please be included on the girls trip???? I will love you for the rest of my life!!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

can I come with you to Europe? I won't even bring an Aggie shirt LOL

Texas Dimons said...

Thanks for playing!! Saving up for the trip!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm game for the European Vacation, but since I'll be the oldest one there, let me go ahead and make one thing clear to everyone right now...I will NOT carry a Mom purse big enough to hold everybody else's stuff so they don't have to take their own purse!!! Which one of us is going to drive us repeatedly around the traffic circle so that we see Big Ben 15 times?

Julie said...

Trip to Europe?! Let's do it!! You're tagging me? Okedoki. We'll see what I can come up with.

scott kinghorn said...

I have to call you out on something...your "enjoyment" of sleeping in (causing you to be late for things) started way before the kids came.

wendy said...

Wayne said,"I'll have to agree with Scott on that one. She used to take power naps on the couch." Uncle Wayne knows best.

hmilne said...

Carrie, its time to be a trendsetter...get that hair permed asap and then wear it in a side pony tail!

Jess said...

I feel that I am in a special circle of trust to have first hand knowledge of 5 of the list. (no snuggling)
I was just thinking of your love of cheesecake the other day!! I have to give a ditto on seinfeld although I have not aquired that ability to keep my trap shut.
ps am I tagged or do you have a new blond in your life?