we did on our vacation....
The Bean Museum at BYU. Plenty of dead things to be observed and enjoyed, as shown here by Aiden, Brenna and Jonathan.

Day camping, aka, cooking out at a campground and enjoying everything but the horrendous nights' sleep. We ventured up Hobble Creek Canyon and the kids loved playing in the water while the adults (mostly my brother-in-law Greg), built a fire and cooked up foil dinners and s'mores.

Nate kept asking my permission to go into the water, on the rocks, to the left, to the right, etc. Then he'd tell me, "Don't worry about me, Mom". That's funny....why would I ever worry about Nate?

Even Gwen loved the water, although I did not love her trying to pick things up out of the water and put them in her mouth. Hasn't she ever heard of Sheep Liver Fluke?! (C'mon, Jessica, you still laugh thinking about that, don't you?!)

We hiked, we explored, we spotted snakes, we visited the latrine a few dozen times. And then we headed back to the house for a lovely nights' sleep in a temperature-controlled room with a bed.
3 comments:
carrie, you are so beautiful! i was looking at your temple square post and the race post and thought "wow. carrie is a hot one!" You are just beautiful! I also love the pictures you take of your kids. you are great with the camera!
it looks like fun! you have to love foil dinners and s'mores!
I love the day camping idea. Sounds like the perfect way to camp with a young family. We also enjoyed the Bean Museum last summer, which I never even knew about while at BYU... I must have been busy, or something.
Post a Comment