Thursday, June 24, 2010

I feel fried

My house was a wreck yesterday and I got to clean it all up today. I ran out of dishwashing soap and forgot to get some yesterday, so I had a dishwasher full, both sides of my sink full, and had to run to WalMart at 8:00 so I could even begin to touch the mess. (What's that you say? Wash them by hand? Surely you jest!)


I washed and folded countless loads of laundry, vacuumed, swept up glitter and sand from the kids' craft projects (I thought I had hidden the glitter and sand... boy was I wrong), picked up toys, made meals, monitored outside play with the neighbor kids I don't like, yada, yada, yada. Finished up the afternoon by teaching my 4:30 spin class at the gym, only to find out when it was over that Nate had behaved atrociously and is in danger of being asked not to return.

So after a long day that bit of news just finished me off. I came home and made dinner and screamed at the kids who were tired, hungry and grouchy and therefore acting like maniacs. So in return, I acted like a maniac. I ate too much at dinner, so now I have guilt over my behavior this evening AND over my horrible eating habits this past week.

After dinner the kids and I played outside and I trimmed up a few bushes. While in the midst of that I discovered a wasp's nest in a bush with 5 wasps attached. Thankfully they did not discover me until I was blasting them with the wasp-killing spray. It was sort of cathartic to kill a handful of horrible creatures. Scott arrived home somewhere in the midst of all this and together we were able to wrangle all 4 into bed, some more successfully than others.

After this I colored my hair, which is more disturbingly gray than ever, showered, and cleaned the already-filthy-again kitchen.

And that, my friends, is why I am fried.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I hear you sister! Keeping up with the house stuff during summer is nearly impossible.

Kim Simpson said...

This is why a highly recommended housecleaner is coming over monday morning to tell me how much she would charge. At this point though no amount would be too much. I figure my sanity and kids who don't need therapy because their mom is a total nut job are worth every cent! Maybe she'd give us a two for one deal!

laura said...

Oh Carrie!
Where should we go? This kind of day deserves a trip to the beach with nothing but a good book to keep us company OR
another trip shopping ending at the Cheesecake Factory OR
a nice long run followed by a dip in the pool.
Let me know.

Katrena said...

Sounds like bad days are going around along with the flu, since we've recently had moments/days like that (carts with children in them tipping over, oldest children peeing their pants just after you arrive at a store 20 minutes away and when they just when potty before leaving, getting locked out of the house, just to name a few). I hope your vacation is a true vacation.

Heather said...

Okay this is hilarious and yet sooo depressing. Oh what I have to look forward too! I know the good beats out the bad- but wow-- so sorry you had a cruddy day!