Friday, May 7, 2010

Time to drop it.

The last few pounds, that is. I'm down below my pre-Gwen weight but still want to get down to my pre-Nate weight. So I joined Weight Watchers online to get control of my eating and am focusing on more weight training and being more consistent in my workouts. Last week I lost 2 pounds!!!


I'm posting this here because "they" say that weight loss is easier when you make yourself accountable to someone. So I'm accountable now to all of you. If you see me with a giant waffle cone full of delicious ice cream please tell me to put the cone down and back slowly away.

And please nobody let me within 20 feet of those butterscotch cookies that Joy Johnson makes. I don't know why they're called butterscotch, they taste like a caramel-y sugar cookie. Two of my favorite things brought together in an amazing amalgamation of deliciousness. I had a couple last night at a baby shower; but only a couple. I seriously could have eaten the whole dang tray.

Where was I? Oh yes! Losing weight. I'm doing it. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

amalgamation--now that's impressive. good luck on the weight loss.

Anonymous said...

best of luck. i'm am trying to get my adoption weight off. who knew adoption could be so devastating to a figure?

you always look fantastic!

Kim Simpson said...

I told you about those cookies. I can't eat those things because I can't just have one or even two it has to be like 3 or maybe 5 or 6. I hold you accountable for what you eat if you hold be accountable for getting my rear to the gym!

danniellespackman said...

Best of luck to you! I'm also working on my pre-Natalie weight. Got 10 more pounds. I'll try to use my Jedi mind tricks to help you from way out here! :)

bskin25 said...

This post- just the right motivation for me, coming off of 3 weeks of vacation. Got on the scale this morning and it's not pretty.
Give me a week or two of running and then we can start our Saturdays again.
laura