Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Things I learned at this year's county fair.

1. Turkey legs: not that great. And it doesn't take 4 of them to feed our little family.
2. Brenna is a hard woman to please. I give up trying.
3. 70 degrees with a strong wind feels cold when you've been living in 100 degree heat for 3 months solid.
4. Sheep stink. Bad.
5. If you put a duck, a goat, and a pig in a corral and race them, the duck always comes in 3rd place.
6. Carnies still freak me out.
7. Fresh kettle corn is delicious.
8. Gwen likes fair animals. The rest of the sights require intense study with a furrowed brow.
9. My kids still enjoy having one-on-one close-up conversations with livestock. Maybe they gave their apologies to the cows for the hamburgers they ate last week.

5 comments:

Katrena said...

Ha! Fun list, especially the close up conversations with animals.

Brooke said...

Great post! It sounds like a lot of fun, well, all except the smells...and the carnies...

Kim Simpson said...

I always knew the great kern county fair was good for something, I just didn't know it could be for anything other than teaching my kids who they shouldn't talk to!

Jess said...

Ha! thought you should know we are going to be Carnies for halloween this year! we have offical state fair of texas shirts that have been begging to be worn!

Cheri said...

Great post! Aww the fair, love it but more for its tradition than actual attractions.