The good news about our second day is that I remembered our tickets. I was worried with it being better weather and a Saturday that we would have to fight crowds, but once again, it was wonderful and we had almost zero wait at everything we wanted to do.
We planned on spending a half day there, but enjoyed it so much that we didn't leave until 6 pm and only then because we had to get on the road so we could get home.
Anyhoo, some favorites of the day were the Playhouse Disney show with Bear in the Big Blue House, Jo Jo's Circus, and Winnie the Pooh, the ferris wheel, the Jumping Jellyfish ride, the Zephyr (Brenna's favorite ride), and taking Ava on another little roller coaster, which she hated this time. It was scarier than the last one.
When we first got to the park we headed for the A Bug's Life area. They had some bumper cars that Nate was too small for, so I stayed with him and watched while Scott took the girls. Unfortunately you could only ride 2 to a car, so Brenna (too young to ride alone) was going to wait her turn with dad until after Ava had gone. To the rescue came a female park employee, who rode with Brenna. Her name? Brenna.
We took the whole family on a ride that was like the teacups ride at Disneyland, except instead of teacups they were spinning ladybugs. Nate was old enough for this one, he just had to keep his bottom on the seat; he couldn't ride in a lap. He was so thrilled before the ride started, but that was short-lived. Nate hated it! He hid his face and clung to me for most of the ride. Poor guy.
We probably could have spent half the day at the forest playground area, which looked like a redwood forest and had all kinds of rock climbing, cave exploring, rope net enclosures, and tire swings.
I think our favorite, though, was the Aladdin muscial extravaganza. We saw it toward the end of the day and we were really just expecting something simple...maybe costumed characters singing a few songs from the movie. Oh my gosh, were we wrong! It was incredible! It was like a 45 minute Broadway production, with a beautiful set, elaborate props, and incredible performances. Ava has been playing "Princess Jasmine" ever since.
To finish the day off we rode the "Under the Sea" carousel and headed out after that. I'm already making plans for our next visit; please join us if you feel inclined this time next year!
1 comments:
I just can't believe that Brenna didn't want a picture with Snow White! I recognize that jacket on Nate!!
Post a Comment