First:
For Gwen's birthday we watched home movies of her birth and her earliest days with our family. All the kids enjoyed watching together and seeing what everyone looked like way back when. But the best moment of all was watching the movie of the nurse cleaning up Gwen for the very first time right after I had given birth to her, and all the kids looking on. I look over to see Nate wiping tears from his eyes and saying, "That's the sweetest thing I've ever seen!" Precious, precious boy.
Second:
Gwen got birthday money from her grandparents so last week when the ice cream truck came by (yes, my friends and family in the colder northern climes, he works year-round out here) she was able to run inside, grab a couple of bucks, and buy herself something.
Yesterday it was a little chillier (read: mid-50's) and Brenna, Gwen and I were crafting at the kitchen table. With ears like an owl Gwen heard the ice cream truck again. She quickly rushed outside but missed it. A few minutes later I realized that she had gone out the garage door just seconds earlier so I went outside to see what she was up to. She had run halfway up the block with a $50 savings bond and was trying to buy ice cream from the mail truck. Imagine her disappointment!
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Childhood moments to treasure
Posted by Carrie at 2:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment