I gave up on the gym during the last month of summer break. My older girls don't like going any more but they're still too young to leave at home and I didn't feel like fighting over it every morning. So I worked out on the spin bike at home or did other exercises, but let's be honest: it wasn't anywhere near my usual level of physical exertion.
So the first day of school came and I was ready to go back to my home away from home. Nate, however, was not interested. In trying to convince him to buy in to our need to get there I told him I am out of shape. He studied me for a moment and said,
"Let me see your tummy."
So I lifted up my shirt and showed him my tummy, which I don't think looks too bad. He took a look and said,
"Whoa! Okay, we can go to the gym!"
So, so humbling.
4 comments:
Gotta love the Natester!! Good thing I'm not there!
Thanks for the "constructive criticism," Nate!
Okay, that is funny! I will never be brave enough to show my kids my belly, they still think I have another baby growing inside.
Thanks for a good laugh! Kids definitely do keep you humble.
Post a Comment