Saturday, February 12, 2011

Seven

We celebrated Ava's 7th birthday today. The morning started with our traditional breakfast in bed. Ava wanted to be surprised, so she got a cinnamon roll, hardboiled egg, fruit, and water (I know that sounds weird for a kid, but that's what she has every morning with breakfast. A little glass of water.)

We open presents right after breakfast. She got a Littlest Pet Shop, an art kit, a DS game, the Guardians of Ga'hool movie, and a new Lego set.

I love to bake a yummy tasting homemade cake, so Ava picked out a 3 layer sour cream chocolate cake for us to try and we decorated it like this. The kids really love the Guardians movie (and Brenna has been reading the books and telling Ava all about them), so her cake is an owl.

Scott came home early from work and we had Ava's requested meal of spaghetti and meatballs with broccoli, followed by cake.

It was goooooood.

And then Scott and the girls headed to the school's Daddy/Daughter dance for the evening. They had a great time and all 3 came home exhausted.

Ava declared it the best birthday ever.

I could list out all the little things I love about Ava, and maybe I will at some point, but I'm tired right now and the best way I can sum her up is to say that Ava is everything a little girl should be. She is kind, thoughtful, selfless, silly, feminine, intelligent, and fun, with a little bit of sass and assertiveness for good measure. She is, in all honesty, as close to perfect as a 7 year old can get.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AVA!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Ava! I forgot how full of birthdays this month is for you guys. The owl cake is seriously impressive. Nice work mom!

Texas Dimons said...

Happy Birthday Ava! Can't believe she's 7. Is that the table? I like it...whatever happened with that?

Natalie said...

That owl cake is awesome. Happy Birthday Ava!

Katrena said...

Nice job on the cake! Belen told me the daddy/daughter dance was cancelled since not enough people signed up. It sounded like a fun evening and I hope Nick will take Belen next year.

danniellespackman said...

Hard to believe our little princesses are getting so old. Happy Birthday Ava!!!

laura said...

That cake is awesome! Good work Mom.
I love the breakfast in bed idea. And the girls look so happy to go on their date with dad. We'll shoot for that next year.