Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What is it about Christmas vacation

that lends itself to illness? I'm finishing day 2 of antibiotics to try and get rid of this horrible sore throat I have. It's the worst I can remember having in my adult life. (The nurse at the clinic I went to asked me to describe my pain on a scale from 1-10 and I almost said 8 in honor of Brian Regan.) It began with a fever, chills, body aches, coughing, and fatigue accompanying it, but now the throat and cough (along with ear pain) are all that remain. And I'm ready to bid them farewell so I can enjoy some spicy Tex-Mex instead of simply eating soothing ice cream by the bucketful. Let's keep the ice cream, but add in chips and salsa and some divine chile rellenos from Abuelo's, please. I really need to bulk up before I begin my latest and greatest attempt to regain my svelte figure of yesteryear, thus making the results all the more dramatic.

1 comments:

Kim Simpson said...

Hopefully all that ice cream is blue bell. That's about the only thing that might make up for not being able to have tex-mex!