Saturday, February 21, 2009

This week I:

1. Survived my first week with 4 kids and a husband out of town.

2. Changed approximately 85 diapers

3. Scrubbed my kitchen floor on my hands and knees, an idea I got from my friend Laura, and let me just say that she and her mother are CRAZY for doing it this way!!! Sure, my grout is now clean, and yes it looks good, but holy cow! For all the work I put into it each tile should gleam like a new diamond and a heavenly chorus should sing each time I gaze upon it!

4. Turned 33. Wahoo! Scott made it back into town around 9 pm, which I was thrilled about. I got homemade birthday cards in bed from my girls, numerous phone calls from friends and family, chocolates from my visiting teachers, a cookie bouquet from my parents, cupcakes from my friend Kristin, and a package with a comfy new Gap outfit from my mom and stepdad. And best of all, I had a gorgeous, sweet-smelling, snuggly warm baby girl to cuddle all day long.



4 comments:

Carianne said...

Happy Birthday! I am so sorry I wasn't up on my friend these past few weeks. I will have to make it up to you. I so want to come visit and cuddle your new babe. When I am finished with these boxes I WILL head on over. If you ever need a break though let me know. I am still here for you. For Realzies my friend.

Katrena said...

Happy belated birthday. I'm glad Scott was able to celebrate part of it with you. I also survived the week without a husband and a newborn test but only with three kids instead of four. Fun stuff. I told Nick when he came back he'd already have missed a 1/4 of his daughter's life. Way to make him feel guilty huh? Of course Nick wasn't phased and the week was so good I don't remember a thing about it (or was it the lack of sleep!).

Kim Simpson said...

I can't believe you made it by yourself with all four kids and one being a newborn with school, basketball, dance and everything else this week. You are a trooper and for that you need a Girls Night. We still need to celebrate your birthday since this week was not working. So when and where are we going?

laura said...

Happy Birthday!! I had it on my calendar and great intentions the whole day of calling or coming by- it just never happened. Sorry. I'm with Kim though- you need a girls night(and selfishly, so do I). Kristin and I were talking about movies. There a lot of "girl" movies out. This week sometime???
Floor scrubbing- well, I wouldn't recommend doing it while your husbands away, with a newborn. Right now, I'm all about the swiffer.